This post is a great follow-up to “Facebook Business Pages: How To Invite Friends to Like Your Page“. After the first post I received many comments indicating some page owners were missing the “Invite Friends” option under “Build Audience”. If you are having trouble inviting friends to like your Facebook page, read on, brave Facebook user! I hope these tips help…
Most page owners are able to invite friends to like their pages using the Build Audience drop-down on the Facebook Business Page admin panel.
However, some are not seeing the “Invite Friends” , they only have the “Invite Email Contacts” or “Create An Ad” options.
Still having trouble?
Trouble Shooting Steps/Questions
1) Make sure you are using Facebook as you the person vs. the business page. In some testing examples, when I used Facebook as the page I was not always given the “Invite Friends” option. When I switched back to using Facebook as myself, POOF! I then had the “Invite Friends” option. Since you personally are the one with friends, you as the person can invite your friends to like your page – make sense?
2) Make sure you have Claimed Your Page. If you have not, Facebook presents the “Claim this Page” option to you on the Edit Page drop-down. 3) Check your Admin Role. This option is also on the Edit Page drop-down and the descriptions Facebook provides are as follows:
- Managers can manage admin roles, send messages and create posts as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Content Creators can edit the Page, send messages and create posts as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Moderators can respond to and delete comments on the Page, send messages as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Advertisers can create ads and view insights.
In analyzing when users started saying the Invite Friends option was missing, my bet is that this problem cropped up related to changes Facebook made in the last few months including the option to see which “voice” you are using.
I hope these tips help! If not, check out our related post “How to Get Friends To Like Your Page on Facebook updated for 2014.
For more Facebook tips, download our Ultimate Checklist for a Successful Facebook Business Page today for 5 simple tips to optimize your Facebook business page.
You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google +. We’d love to hear from you!