Today, LinkedIn is the #1 social media platform for professionals. If you are looking to expand your professional connections, establish yourself as an expert in your field, learn from other industry gurus, and ultimately increase your company's visibility, follow these easy steps and you will quickly become a stellar LinkedIn user:
- Make sure your profile is 100% complete. Include a brief headline that outlines your professional experience and top skills, followed by job history and education.
- Add a photo. An iPhone selfie with a martini in your hand probably won't represent you as a serious business person, so use a professional headshot that was taken within the last year.
- Cultivate your connections. Shoot for 500+. It’s okay to invite people you don’t know, as well as your competitors. Why? First, you will establish yourself as an expert in your field of expertise, and second, it’s a good opportunity to learn from your peers, participate in conversations, and expand your network.
- Endorse others in your industry for skills, because complimenting your peers on professional achievements and strong skill sets is one way to build relationships. Combine endorsements with personal messages that make specific compliments to personalize this approach and get best results.
- Join groups that fit your professional areas of expertise and engage in conversations by frequently posting relevant blog content and asking questions. Engaging in relevant subject matters and suggesting professional advice will help you connect with others in your industry and expand your reach.
Are you an active LinkedIn member? Share your story with us!
You can also subscribe to our blog to receive free premium content, marketing tips, website help, and weekly blog digests! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google + to continue the conversation - we’d love to hear from you!
Ready to make social media a part of your marketing strategy?
Start with our ebook, How to Create an Effective Inbound Marketing Campaign.