Like many small businesses today, home inspectors are looking for ways to maximize web presence, leverage social media, and ultimately increase business through a customer-engaging and Search Engine Optimized website.
In a recent Knoxville website consultation with a local Home Inspector, I was honored to be asked to speak at a Home Inspectors of Tennessee Association (HITA) meeting in and provide website and social media training to 61 Tennessee home inspectors (thank you, Gene Walshaw!). The three-hour training focused on getting the most out of the home inspector website, and leveraging social media to market online.
The HITA website training covered many topics including website functions and features that help engage home inspector website visitors:
- Client Testimonials are a great way to display trusted recommendations to website visitors.
- Blogging on your website should be used to educate customers on important topics. Your blog adds fresh content to your website which improves website traffic, inbound links, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Sample Home Inspection Reports can be posted a number of ways to allow customers and website visitors view sample home inspection reports.
- Contact Forms on a website increase client contact and can be customized in a variety of ways to provide to allow contact for scheduling home inspection appointments.
- Links to Social Media Profiles on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+ can be displayed on every page to encourage visitors to engage with you on the social web.
Are you a home inspector or other small business wanting to get more out of your website? What are you wishing your website could do for you?