I may never have met you in my life, but I can picture you now, with a furrow between your brows, thinking: why should I blog for my business? I'm too busy as it is! Why bother?
Well, in my opinion, you're asking an excellent question! My goal with this blog post is to help you understand the answer in a way that will both work for your business and motivate you to take action.
There are a lot of authorities out there on business blogging, but none of them have invested more time and money in understanding and perfecting it than the folks at HubSpot. Their research comes from thousands of clients and is conducted by the likes of MIT, and here are a few things they've found:
In Good Company: Business Blogging for Great Results
- HubSpot found that 40% of US companies use a blog for promoting their business, and
- Those companies that do blog receive 55% more web traffic than those that do not.
- More over, companies that post 15 or more blog posts per month receive 5X the traffic of those who do not blog.
So, to sum up, if you blog, you're in good company and will likely see great results. If you blog at least a little for your business, you're going to significantly increase your opportunity to sell your products and services. And if you blog a lot, you're going to blow your competition out of the water.
Does Traffic from Blogging Lead to Anything?
As a matter of fact, yes it does. According to HubSpot, business blogging leads to leads, and the more you blog, the more leads you get.
- On average, businesses that blog 3 to 6 times per month get more than double the number of customer leads than those who don't blog regularly.
- Businesses that blog 7 to 9 times per month get nearly double those that blog 3 to 6 times per month.
- Businesses that blog more than 15 times per month get nearly 5 times the leads as those that blog 3 to 6 times per month.
- I hesitate to share this statistic, because it sounds too good to be true. But it is true, so you need to hear it: business blogs that post more than 15X per month average over 1,000 business leads per month!
The important thing for you to know about leads is that you have to incorporate "calls to action" (CTAs) into your blog posts in order to capture them. If you have no (or bad) calls to action, your results will suffer.
Don't know about CTAs? Check out our helpful ebook that explains getting started with calls to action and other Inbound marketing tools. Incidentally, this also gives us an opportunity to show you what a CTA looks like! Click on the CTA below to download our free Inbound marketing campaign ebook.
OK. I should blog. But about what?
This question brings me back to our original question: Why?
Here are some resources we've put together to help you to understand how to efficiently and consistently inspire your business blog readers.
- How to Create 5 Blog Titles in Under 1 Minute
- 4 Solutions to Not Having Enough Time to Blog
- 5 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid in 2014
- 7 Online Business Blog Practices You Need to Follow
Good luck! Now get blogging!