The short answer:
HubSpot is a marketing software and content management system designed for businesses that want to track their results across all of their sales and inbound marketing efforts. In fact, the term “inbound marketing” was coined years ago by one of HubSpot’s founders, Brian Halligan.
Inbound marketing is about creating content that engages visitors through organic search and social media rather than trying to grab their attention with cold calling, radio, television, direct mail, and other forms of traditional advertising. Visitors find content they're interested in through search results and social media, and become leads through premium content offers, blog subscription, and other forms. Many of them continue to interact with your brand by reading more content, opting in to offers, and engaging with your social posts—and HubSpot tracks it all.
Say you have two leads that look equally hot on paper.
What if one of them only opened the first marketing email the received, while the other is opening and clicking on most of them, sharing your blog posts on Facebook, and repeatedly visiting your services page? Which one would your sales team be more likely to pursue? Better yet, what if they could spend their time only pursuing amazing leads like that?
That's the power of HubSpot.
Here are a few more things that HubSpot offers your company:
- The built-in CRM ties marketing performance to your sales pipeline
- Predictive lead scoring combs through your contact data to determine how likely each lead is to become a customer
- The Ads add-on can automatically pull in the performance of your PPC and social ads
- Native SEO (search engine optimization) tools monitor keywords, inbound links, and competitor rank
- Advanced email marketing and contact list segmentation capabilities enable extensive personalization
- Powerful reporting and tracking functions monitor the ROI of your marketing efforts
- Extensive marketing automation capabilities save hours while improving performance
- Social Media monitoring, publishing, and engagement tools feed into your contact database
- Through HubSpot Connect, integrate dozens of services like Zerys, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey, Shopify, Zendesk, and Bigcommerce
- Landing page creation and lead capturing tools are seamlessly integrated into the platform
- Expand the capabilities of your website with the HubSpot COS website and blogging platform, or by adding code to WordPress
- Leverage contextual marketing with "smart content" areas that are personalized to each website visitor
Basically, HubSpot is an advanced platform with everything a marketer needs to attract visitors, convert leads, close customers and create brand ambassadors.
Full disclosure: as a Gold Tier HubSpot Partner Agency, we're pretty big fans of their software, certifications, and inbound marketing training. We use HubSpot for our own marketing, and we love experimenting with new ways to use the world’s #1 inbound marketing software platform. In fact, we have been innovators in using HubSpot to find and evaluate the best possible job candidates.
As HubSpot partners, we are not only incredibly driven to get the results our clients want, but we're required to meet a Customer Happiness Index as well. In our experience, one of the best ways to keep clients happy is to consistently demonstrate the ROI of our efforts, and HubSpot's closed-loop tracking capabilities make it easy.
When you're choosing a HubSpot partner, it's extremely important to find a good fit. After all, you'll be working closely with that agency for a long time if all goes well.
Why choose VIEO? We're grateful to our friend Sarah Posnak, a Principal Partner Strategist at HubSpot, for summing it up so well:
Aside from being my favorite personalities to work with, there is a fundamental reason VIEO is such a successful agency. Most agencies I speak with are really good at one thing, but lack in other very important areas. Some agencies have marketing down but lack in delivery and so on.
VIEO has it all. They are a fine tuned machine—they know how to market, how to listen to client needs and develop a customized inbound plan and time and time again, they deliver high quality services that transform the way their clients gain exposure, market themselves and generate new business opportunities that turn into paying customers.
One of the things that makes VIEO so unique is how much they care about their clients. Once they start to work with a client, they don’t move on to the next prospect. Instead, we strategize about how they can do an even better job for their existing customers. They are constantly reinventing the wheel internally to stay ahead of the curve and create long term value for their clients.
If I had my own business, the first thing I would do is hire VIEO as my marketing agency. They are the kind of agency that you can rely on for measurable ROI and the kind of people you want to grab a beer with after work—a lethal combination of great work and great people.
If we sound like the kind of people you'd like to work with, we'd love to chat!
As always, no strings attached—we're here to answer your questions and find out whether or not HubSpot is the right option for your company.